If you haven't found your true love yet, you might be looking for unique ways to track down someone with similar interests and hobbies as yours.
You may want to consider that you have a fantastic matchmaker living right in your very own home. That's right, your dog might be able to help you find your soulmate! Here are some ways that your four-legged friend can play matchmaker and help you find your dream date.
Your dog is the perfect ice breaker.
- People find it easier to approach and talk with strangers when there is a common point of reference between them. Dogs are perfect for that; it's easier for people to relax and strike up a conversation when they see you and your canine clowning around together.
Your dog can get you out and about and lead you to spots where other dog-lovers will be.
- If you're a little on the shy side or have a tendency to be a home-body, your dog can provide the motivation that you need to get out of the house. Just keep telling yourself how he needs exercise to live a long and happy life with you.
- Experts agree that one great foundation of a successful relationship is shared hobbies and interests. What better foundation to build a relationship on than a mutual love for dogs? When you start going out with your dog, the two of you will automatically gravitate toward places where other dog-lovers hang out. Dog parks, dog-friendly hiking trails, beaches that allow dogs, and pet stores are all great destinations for dogs and their humans. They're the perfect spots for your canine matchmaker to do his work.
It's easier to start a relationship with someone when you already know that your dog likes them.
- Meeting someone when your dog is present is a great screening process. If your furry buddy loves the new person, you will be able to mark that off of your checklist for mate "musts" (Fido Must Love Him/Her: ✓).
Likewise, it's good to know if your dog likes your prospective sweetheart's dog(s).
- If your dogs and those of the person you're interested in get along well, you can look forward to plenty of fun times together as a group.
Dress to impress and find a coffee or sandwich shop with a patio. Sit outside with your dog and look approachable.
- There are many establishments with dog-friendly outdoor patios. They often even provide bowls of water for canine patrons. Get yourself a drink, hang out, watch for prospective mates with their own dogs to wander in, and be ready to strike up a conversation.
If you see someone with a cute dog and your dogs seem to get along, you could ask if the person would like to set up a playdate or schedule a walk.
- Doggie playdates are less pressure than a real date but can serve the same purpose of allowing you to talk with and learn about a new person. A bonus is that your dogs will get some socialization and exercise too.
So there you have it; you have a furry matchmaker in your house and didn't even know it. Just let your dog lead the way to your new beloved.
And, if you haven't found a human partner at the end of the day, you'll still go home with someone who loves to kiss and cuddle.
You May Also Like These Articles:
Disclaimer: This website is not intended to replace professional consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed veterinarian. If you require any veterinary related advice, contact your veterinarian promptly. Information at DogHealth.com is exclusively of a general reference nature. Do not disregard veterinary advice or delay treatment as a result of accessing information at this site.